Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A million ideas.....

Well first let me introduce myself I'm Vicki,  have two beautiful little girls,  live in the mountains of California, and I love to be a do it yourselfer. So I have decided that 2012 was going to be my year. I have all of these plans and things to get accomplished. I really need to make this list of everything I would love to do this year so I can watch the things get marked off and see the progress. I can happily say that I am marking quite a bit of things off already. My most recent task at hand is our garden this year. I'm am soooo truly excited. I have been getting every body's input on when to do this, what things they use to do, can I have your old canning materials, and do you have any great family recipe's.

So the oldest (Dalila)  and I have been cleaning the yard up, scoping out the perfect spot to build our garden fortress. About a month ago or so maybe two, we found this great article in one of my garden magazines. About using old milk jugs and turning them into green houses. In our household we go threw ALOT of milk, when I say alot I mean a gallon or more a day! So we had tons of milk jugs to donate to the cause. So we planted our seeds and every couple of days we go out on the deck and look threw the top of the jugs to see the growth. I do believe that as of right now this is Dalila's favorite part about this experience at the moment. Wait till she sees what else is to come! Oober excited :)

So with all that here is a little list of what we have growing in our greenhouses:

  • 2 different types of Lettuces
  • 2 different types of Carrots
  • 2 different types of Radishes
  • 2 different types of Peas
  • 2 different types of Green Beans
  • Bell Peppers
  • Cucumbers
  • Jack be little Pumpkins
Also we have a couple different flowers were trying out:
  • Bunny tails grass
  • Amaranthus
  • Canterbury Bells

So I cant wait for the next stages. I hope you enjoy the adventure! :) Follow me on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/darvic/

No comments:

Post a Comment