Thursday, April 12, 2012

I didnt know that you could regrow! :)

So after looking around at ALL the interesting things on Pinterest. I came across regrow your own Celery! I was like no way. So I was talking to Dalila and asked if she would like to do a little project with me. Of course she eagerly says YES! So I grab some celery out of the fridge, we always have it on hand. So how cool would it be to grow it in our house or garden year round?!?! So we took the bunch cut off about 2 inches from the bottom. Put it in a bowl of water and within about 4 days to a week there were little leaves starting to poke threw. After about maybe a month of sitting in this bowl of water it had started to grow a root system. So that is when I had finally decided to plant our little "baby" in soil. We have recently started our newest one too. Dalila is always asking if she can eat her baby Celery, lol. I tell her it has to grow a little more to be BIG and strong like her.


So once I had really seen this with my own eyes that you can regrow Celery. I started wondering what else Dalila and I could try to regrow. So here is some of our "newest" members.

We went to our local Von's the other day to pick up somethings, I really wish I would have grab everything I found that you could regrow, but I only got half of my list. So we our trying now:


Carrots, Green Onions, Garlic, and Romaine Lettuce


So with the Carrots, Green Onions, and Romaine Lettuce you can fill the water up just about half way up the vegetable. With the Garlic you just want to barely get the bottoms wets, very little water or else they will turn to mush. I wish I would of had a pretty container to put the lettuce in, but oh well. :)  Oh I almost forgot its probably only been about 8 hours and the Green Onions have already grown 1/4 of an inch!

I will up date pictures in a week so y'all can see the progress.  
Update number 1 ~
*My Life*: Update~ I didnt know that you could regrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment