Sunday, December 9, 2012

Smokey Cheese Ball

This was soooo easy to make. It was the hit of the party I took it too, and I will be making it again to go with Christmas dinner. I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished ball. I thought about taking a picture of what was left but there wasn't really anything left. :) I will upload a picture when I make it here in a couple weeks. I will warn you you see those little cheese balls in the store that are like 1 cup max. This makes 3-4 cup cheese ball its massive!

I like being crazy so I mixed two different cheeses together, you could do one by all means. Change it for your taste. Or throw a little of all types in it. I used Smoked Gouda and Sharp Cheddar along with the rest of the recipe. It smelled soo amazing also. Highly recommended.

Prep: 15 minutes
Chill: 4 to 24 hours
Stand: 45 minutes
Makes: 3 1/2 cups

2- 8 ounces packages cream cheese
2 cups finely shredded smoked cheddar, Swiss, or Gouda cheese
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons steak sauce ( I used A1)
1 cup finely chopped nuts, toasted. ( I didn't toast mine, I just bought some chopped nuts ( hazelnuts , because the Mr. grabbed the wrong kind still yummy though)

1. In a mixing bowl let cream cheese, shredded cheese, and butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk and steak sauce, beat until fluffy. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.

2. Shape mixture into a ball, roll in nuts. Lets stand for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment