Sunday, June 3, 2012

Making room with something old.


Life has been amazing! I wake up and find something new for the girls and I to do. ITS summer time so I want the girls to be out everyday I want them to build things, water the garden, ride there tricycles, play in the dirt and make mud pies. Last week was a special week though, we made a detour on the way home and we stopped at our local feed store. Went in to see if they had any chickens for the girls to look at. They didn't we were sad, BUT they had baby baby peacocks. I wont lie I almost bought one! I then began asking questions about chicken so maybe next year the girls and I could raise some.

He then told me that they were getting more in this next coming week. So what do I do completely scatter brained and unprepared. I told him that I wanted to put my name down and put some on hold. I then go home thinking omgosh what am I going to keep them in. Holy cow!~ I mean I only put my name down I didn't buy them yet. So I started drawling up plans and began the task of building a chicken coop for our girls (the hens we don't have yet,lol). Heres an update ~~~> Demo for the making of our chicken coop
Also check out the almost finished product ~~> Chicken Coop What!




This came with our house, it has been an eye sore since day one!


Making some progress only after an hour of prying the boards away.

Took a break and came back at it. I think for just a couple hours I made quite a bit of progress on my own.

So since I have the crazy ideas of doing all these crazy things, I get to do them with out the help of the "man". His one duty that he cant get out of is checking for: snakes, frogs, and lizards. Yea if I see any of those 3 things I will scream like a little girl and go hide in my house. I am a HUGE fan of reclaimed wood, or finding a purpose from something old. I really just wanted to take the skill saw to it and cut panels and move them with the truck, but then I realized that just wasn't going to work. SO I took my hammer to every nail one by one. Found this amazing bench inside and will most definitely be restoring it.
Can not wait for tomorrow, will have it torn the rest of the way down. Move my pile of "good" still use able wood and my bench and start plotting out my plan of attack for rebuilding and what I will have to buy to finish it. Oh yeah did I mention that we will be getting ducks also??? Yeah when I came home that evening from the feed store  I had Dalila tell Daddy what was going to be moving in next week. He goes oh nice! Did they have ducks??? So were on a mission to find ducks now too! Ooober excited and cant wait to post pictures of the rest of the demo.
Oh I forgot to mention. I would have totally kept it in tack and were it was and just started cleaning it up for the girls, though it was about to fall over! lol! I don't know if one to many gophers have been under it but it has sunk into the ground or rotted on one side Idk I think it just sunk though. that is why if your asking yourself why didn't I just keep it the same. the little building does have a lot of old history charm. little girls name in glitter paint and lace curtains barely hanging from the single pane windows and yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment